Thursday, December 18, 2014

 Howlin' Wolf was born on June 10, 1910, in West Point, Mississippi. He studied with bluesmen Charley Patton and Sonny Boy Williamson before eventually signing with Chicago's Chess Records. I did this piece to represent how blues was slowly transitioning from the country into cities like Chicago and New York. Howling Wolf would ultimately would  become the predecessor for Rock and Music. Howling Wolf sings as strong as his figure. When I listened to "I'm The Wolf". I remembered a time when I was in Boston and I was in Wally's cafe listening to students from the Berklee school of Music perform. If I remember correctly Wally's cafe is a very important place that the reader talks about. Wally's cafe has been a place where many blues and jazz musicians play in the Boston area. At night Wally's cafe is dark. Blues music is playing and people are singing along to the songs they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment