Friday, November 28, 2014


Blowing Down that Road

Alan Lomax used Folk music as a way of distributing war information through many channels like the phonograph record , the radio program , church folk, and the folk theatre. Alan would then go to towns and collect major folk songs and war content. Alan Lomax succeeded in getting on the air on more than hundred radio shows where he would promote artist like Woody Guthrie, Pete Seger and others artist in the Lomax circle. Folklore music is representative of the past, nostalgic, it was dying. Lomax was convinced that Woody Guthrie was one of the greatest writers of his time. Lomax even considered dropping everything in order to help Woody succeed.

For Woody Guthrie I decided to create a piece for the song " Blowing Down The Road". Woody Guthrie's songs symbolized the working class. Blowing down the Road is a song that embodies the hardships of the american life in the 20th century. I feel a connection with this song mostly because I'm a person who has to work while in school. At times I feel like I'm blowing down that Dusty Road. I'm working hard for a better life and I'm searching for that place where the dust doesn't blow. At the end of my journey I'll be able to find the place where the water taste like wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment