Wednesday, October 8, 2014


This is the painting that I did for the song autumn leaves.  The painting has changed however and before it was altered it originally was a a green background displaying a hint of orange. I wanted to experiment with colors for this piece. Experimenting with a method that could possible evoke various meanings as it did in class. Now, the painting has strokes of white which obscure the green as well possibly denote another meaning. Autumn leaves is a metaphor for various things. One of which, that is the most apparent is love. Love comes and goes, and so does autumn. Whilst being a sad concept it also is elevating. I don't agree with the concept of love coming and going. I believe love comes and it stays. Depending on its growth and the strength of its connection love can be eternal regardless between who or what you love. Maybe its naive for me to think so. Maybe its naive for musicians, playwrights, singers,  and painters to eternalize this feeling. Maybe just like the obscurity that exists on the painting above is the same as my understanding of love

No comments:

Post a Comment